Monday, September 5, 2011

Halloween Week: Day 2

Today's card creates a scene using Home Is Where the Haunt Is, a set (discontinued) from StampinUp.


This card required fearless use of a stamp positioner and a bit of bling at the end of the fence. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it's purple bling to match the purple house and sentiment. My niece will love this card!

I enjoy using black ink on white cardstock with a vivid color added for interest. The purple works for Halloween (a bit non-traditional, of course, and nothing wrong with that!). Black, white, and a bright color can be used to achieve a variety of effects, depending on the color.

And to all my commenters using old-fashioned spelling, I just love seeing y'all type Hallowe'en. Grammar gurus, however, says that either spelling is acceptable. So pick your personal favorite and stick with it confidently and consistently. If you don't have a favorite, do as I did and say "eeny, meeny, miney, mo."

17 comments:

  1. I am a fearless Hallowe'en user. :D
    I love this haunted house scene! There seems to be a growing trend to consider purple as a third Hallowe'en colour, so I'd say you're just being cutting edge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought purple was a traditional halloween colour. Maybe different in different countries?? Love the card- I'm currently addicted to house scenes of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Susan. Fabulous use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love this card! And, lucky me, I have this set! My little granddaughter will love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is my fav of the Halloween ones so far. It is really, really cool. I almost love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great scene! Like an earlier commenter, I thought purple was fairly popular for Halloween. After the basics of orange and black I thought lime green and purple were next in line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking card, love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - the splash of purple is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the purple house. I am a Halloween speller. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great scene!! I always wonder when purple and green became halloween colors??!! but I like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card -That SU set is my favorite Halloween set. I've been using black, orange, lime green and purple since I started stamping.I remember buying spider shaped buttons in those colors.

    Dorothy C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an amazing scene you created Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL - What a fabulous PURPLE house!! I bet she will love this --too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorite sets and I love the card you made with it!

    I've always thought of purple as a Halloween color, along with orange, black and a neon green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Y'alls card is sweet as sugah!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great scene you created Susan!! Hope you are doing well...Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!