Saturday, September 24, 2011

OLW65

The current One-Layer Wednesday is to use a sentiment as a focal point. I have this amazing sentiment set from Hero Arts, and immediately thought of it...especially since I haven't used it in quite a while.




The first card combines Baroque Motifs from StampinUp and the Hero Arts set. A sprinkling of half pearls completes the card. I wish I'd used a darker brown for the sentiment, though. It would stand out more.




The second card uses two tiny embellishment stamps from the sentiment set to create (*snort*) a visual triangle of the dark red.

Click on over to Jennifer's blog to play along with the OLW!

14 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Susan, and what a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snort if you must, but I do think the second card would be lacking something without those two tiny stamps. They finish it, and the visual triangle is obvious and very pleasing to the eye. Very pretty cards, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two amazing cards ~simply stunning!
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, another of my type of stamps - you're dangerous, he, he. LOVE those words but the designs are awewsome and especially the beautifully 'composed' red triangle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, my snort was for the use of the word "create"...not quite a pun, but oddly technical given the touchy-feely sentiment. It struck me as funny...but I guess I'm weird. I do like the red triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're much better at using that big swirly stamp than I am. I've had it for a year or so and probably haven't used it but once. Love the change of colors in the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous sentiment! And I love the way you used the Baroque Motifs stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I remember being the enabler for this set instead of the other way around, as usually happens. Still one of my fave sets, and I love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect, great sentiments, well presented, love 'em, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, They're both beautiful, and the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!