Thursday, September 13, 2012

Autumn Blessings

First, today's card, which is one of my favorite gratitude cards yet this year. Squeeee!




I just love all the white space and the white-on-white layering. Plus, the Memento Morocco ink looks simply stunning paired with SU's cherry cobbler, doesn't it? I thought about adding a bit of bling, but then decided that the the awesome color combo had enough interest to carry the card all by itself. Also, the leaf points at the sentiment, thus creating a relationship between it and the sentiment that helps unify the card.

Squeee!

On another topic, I heard back from Debi in Customer Service at Tsukineko. She wanted more information about the problem I'm having with the Memento Inks and seemed sympathetic. We'll see what happens next. I stamped with the new inks today and found that if I rub the pad over the stamp, then tap the pad on the stamp, I get better images, but there are still weird white spots and some blotchiness. It's just so strange!

Please let me know if you're having the same problem--or even a different problem--with the new Memento ink colors. The more information we can give the company, the more likely we'll get some sort of satisfactory resolution!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey First Fruits
ink: Memento and SU
paper: PTI white
accessories: dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. Simply Beautiful card! It needs nothing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! And, Yes! I am having this same blotchiness issue with the new memento colors...very frustrating. I have also had this same issue with a few of the Hero Arts die inks. I'll be interested to know what is causing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I'm so glad to see the new memento colors! The Morocco looks lovely!

    And, unfortunately, I have had problems with memento (the old ones actually) so I'm a little sad the formula is still producing blotchy impressions :( Please Tsukineko, fix the formula!

    Sorry for bringing this complaint here on your lovely blog! I recently found it through Heather T's blog. I love your one layer/clean style!!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to say that I love your blog and almost all (tastes differ after all) the cards you make! CAS does not come naturally to me and I have to work hard at it but seeing how you do it helps me so much!

    Here's and interesting story for you: I always google images for card inspiration and clicked on an image of a partial bedroom scene. Great was my surprise (but it should not have been, since I love your cards so much) when it lead me to thishttp://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2010/09/inspiration-week-day-4.html blog entry of yours!

    Thank you for always sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Susan! I love how you've stamped the leaf off the card, it helps to define the edge of the top layer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your inspiration! I too struggle with this type of CAS one layer card. Today's cards is fab!
    And yes, very disappointed in the new Memento ink pads. I have the full size pads and it's just upsetting to get such poor results! Love the new colors but really... Blotchy, uneven coverage when using polymer or red rubber stamps, solid images and even my line image stamps. Appreciate your efforts to get Memento's attention.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did a test of 4 old and 4 new Memento Dew Drops on SU Whisper White paper. I used a 1" dia.solid circle HA stamp.I inked the stamp upside down so I could see how much coverage I was getting. There were two ink pads that had a line of no ink. I lifted the pad and there was a clean line on the stamp surface. Could the problem have to do with the material used to make the pad? I only had one great image out of the eight and it was the Nautical Blue. All the others were blotchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I'm having the same problems. I used a white vinyl eraser on my stamp, rubbed the inkpad over the stamp and then tapped it, and that helped somewhat.

    I have found it helps also if you wait to stamp your image for 15-20 seconds after you ink it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!