Wednesday, September 12, 2012

OLW105 Autumn

Okay! Cheryl's One-Layer Wednesday challenge this week is PERFECT as a continuation of the Gratitude Campaign. It's to make a card that shows what you love about autumn.


Since I don't have a stamp of apple fritters from a local farm, I'm going to stick with Thanksgiving, which is a holiday near and dear to my heart (not to mention near, and occasionally on, my birthday!).



Fun Factoid: George was stationed in Wichita, Kansas, for a few years in the 1990s, and I attended Wichita State University's graduate program in English. WSU's mascot is--and I know you'll find this hard to believe--a shock of wheat. Seriously. You can read about it here.

Anyway, autumn is my favorite season of the year, and that means something since I almost never have favorites of anything. But my favorite season it is.

Wheat, corn, harvest, apples, pumpkins, crisp and cool days, bright blue skies, colored leaves, hayrides, corn mazes, caramel apples, turkey, cranberries, and thanks. It's all so good.

Especially the apple fritters.

Supplies
stamps: A Muse, Hero Arts
ink: Memento
paper: PTI vintage cream
accessories: bling

13 comments:

  1. This is gloriously CAS Susan! I must apologise for posting a card with an identical layout but it was purely coincidental I assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Vicky! This is about as classic a CAS layout as you can get, so no worries. Off to check out your card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought it was a sheaf of wheat not a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps love the font in the sentiment. Goes well with the wheat. Sorry my iPad will only let me comment anonymously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card. I love anything wheat. Must come from my Swedish agrarian heritage. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I really like wheat images, too.

    As a farmer, I just can't resist making a little comment about wheat. In Ohio we grow winter wheat which is planted in the fall and then harvested the next year. In July. In other parts of the country where they grow other types of wheat it may be harvested in the fall, but not here in Ohio! We will start combining our corn and soybeans this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that wheat image! Great classic OLW card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love autumn; and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

    Very nice card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card~interesting mascot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the plug for WuShock and WSU. We are proud of our Shockers here in Wichita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, WuShock!

    I'm a Kansas girl (hometown of Manhattan - the Little Apple) who is a sucker for anything with wheat images. First Fruits was my gateway to PTI.

    I love seeing all the Thanksgiving cards you're creating. I appreciate that you're championing this season of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, What a perfect fall/autumn card. Love the bling! I'm so glad you played along this week!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!