Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Flashback to Summer Silhouettes

I want to get back to a card I made a while back with Summer Silhouettes, the SU set that Phyllis kindly sent to me. This simple layout is VERY appealing and can either have huge dramatic impact (think colored card base/white panel, or bright colored panel with white embossing on a white card) or it can be deliciously CAS with white on white and a happy color combo!

Guess which way I went?

Not hard, eh?



I used a wonderful khaki-ish color from VersaColor and a purple...what a neat combination! The flower still looked a bit flat, though, so I pulled out my Sakura Stardust purple pen and went to town.




Notice how I only added the sparkle to the x-shaped flowers, not the dots, which creates a bit of a dimensional effect and gives the whole thing that little something extra.

SOOOOO easy!

And I just have to share a funny story with you. I was taking the tags off new bras yesterday, and my younger son Jack walked in. His face lit up, and he said, "Boobies! Did you buy new boobies, Mom?"

I nearly died trying not to laugh.


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), StampinUp (Summer Silhouettes)
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey
accessories: Sakura Stardust pen, dimensionals

17 comments:

  1. Love that flower image and the partial you used of it. Oh if were as easy as buying new boobies, especially when nursing and gravity have wrecked havoc on the girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the strong, bold colors with all that white space, Susan!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colour combo! And you did very well keeping your composure, I would have been hooting with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work and especially this card! Thanks for sharing your funny story-it made me laugh this morning. I can't get enough kid stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do these simple cards so well Susan. I think I am intimidated by all the white space!
    Out of the mouth of babes! Isn't amazing what they pick up on? so cute-Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love your card, Susan! So perfect!
    I definitely know where your son gets his humor...;D! He comes by it honestly, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cute laugh. The kid around here and that would be my husband came up with his name for my bras after draping one over his head one day when he was helping me pack. He calls them cosmonaut helmets! LOL! It's always something around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful. I really like those colors and the sketch. Seriously, how did stay composed? I would have lost it completely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness,exquisite! I so need to give this a try! Thanks for sharing, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. you always share the best stories...i appreciate you, your stories, and your craftiness! Keep sharing....You brighten my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card with beautiful colours. The purple pops ! Funny story as well. Cheers, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan, A super cool card today, it's lovely and so CAS, glad that you're feeling better now, Gay x
    Boys and their boobies!!! LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, so simple but the elegance really shines (and I don't just mean the glitter shine) :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sparkle pen is the perfect highlight for your card. And Jack is hilarious :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! Oh, what a hoot of a story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do the most wonderful things with partial images. The white-on-white appeals to me, but I'm sure other color combos would be lovely, too. I love kid stories -- boob stories are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!