Saturday, September 15, 2012

Double Thanks

First of all, I must thank Phyllis S. for sending me the SU Summer Silhouettes set, which I have thoroughly gotten inky and absolutely love!

Second, I want to thank all of you who have subscribed or followed my new blog Transforming Common Days, which is a very happy place. Special thanks to all who have commented and shared their own grateful hearts there!

So here's a card for double thanks, using Summer Silhouettes and VersaColor cube inks.




The "ground" is provided by the lovely lattice border stamp that comes in the set, and then the Queen Anne's lace flower comes from a two-step stamping process, for which I used my stamp positioner despite the fact that these are unmounted, or as SU calls them, clear-mounted.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set, and a pair of orange pearls give a bit of interest and balance to the card.

Have a lovely weekend!

Supplies
stamps: SU, Hero Arts
ink: VersaColor lime, orange, bark
paper: PTI white
accessories: half pearls



2 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this set!! The colors are so perfect.

    Yes, the unmounted stamps still require a stamp positioner for exact alignment. I do think the term "clear mount" causes a lot of confusion and disappointment because people expect clear stamps with that terminology. I think they should have chosen a different label, like "unmounted", maybe, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!