Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hampton Art Present Stamp: Take 3

1. Let's announce the sursee winner first...Sharon D!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon D said...
So glad you are feeling better, Susan! I missed you! Love this card with the punched circles--so creative. I haven't heard of sur-sees before, but I would guess, as others have, that it's a version of "surprises," or perhaps related to a French word?
September 25, 2012 2:40 PM

Congratulations, Sharon!!!!! Please email me at susanraihala at woh dot rr dot com with your snail mail address.

And Dixie pointed out someone from North Carolina uses sursee to refer to dog treats. Well, I and my grandmother are born and bred in North Carolina (as Dixie knows), and so that makes sense. But Grandma definitely used the term for people treats.

2. The OLW for this week is brought to you courtesy of Karen Dunbrook. Check out her blog tomorrow for the challenge! My apologies to Heather for being unable to participate in or promote her blog last week. I totally nailed a card for her challenge, too. Will post it soon!

3. We have another take on the Hampton Art present stamp. This time, will wonders never cease!, I colored in the outline present with Copics!




Coloring these presents and cutting them out is incredibly easy. I saw the technique on Jennifer McGuire's blog a while back. You stamp the image to be colored on scrap paper, then color it without regard for staying in the lines. You can be as sloppy as you want!

To color, just quickly color the whole image with a light shade. Add a bit of dark across the bottom, and then use the light marker to blend the two with circular motions of the marker. Repeat as necessary to get the intensity of color you want.

Finally, you cut the images out, and they look just a neat and tidy as can be...at a fraction of the time it takes when you have to stay in the lines!

Jennifer is brilliant.

I used the Hero Arts happy definition stamp to ground the images, and of course added a touch of bling to each because...well, bling doesn't need a reason, does it?

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Hampton Art
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: Copic markers, dimensionals, rhinestones

9 comments:

  1. I am loving all the directions you are going in with your new stamp. I am inspired to take another look at some of my stamps and challenge myself to create think outside the box a bit more.
    Don't you worry about my OLW challenge; I am glad you are feeling better and I look forward to seeing your sponging. I have had two sick kids here. One is on the mend; the other is still feeling miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed this one! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are so versatile! Love your suggestions and making it so easy-peasy!
    Glad you're doing better...
    Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this version - this serial stamp collection very enlightening :) Happy win day, Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Copics? I didn't think you had those.. good for you! I have used Jennifer's technique with butterflies -- I love not having to stay within the lines.

    Love the layout of the presents -- quite fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Susan! I will e-mail you. Love your card today! I had heard about that short-cut of coloring outside the lines and then just cutting it out, but I had forgotten--so thanks for reminding me.

    And you're right--a bit of bling doesn't need a reason. It IS the reason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, read of this technique on Jennifer's blog, bit never used it. I think this is my favorite card of your series. I really like how you used that word stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!