Monday, May 5, 2014

Birthday Card for My Honey

Long-time readers know that my honey is a triathlete. And not just any triathlete. He's a grade-A certified crazy nut-case triathlete.

He's an Ironman.

Four times an Ironman.

And he's going for number five this September.

Now, triathlon involves three sports: swimming, biking, and running. But by far my husband's favorite event is the bike. He loves the bike. It's his strongest event. He zens out on the 2.4-mile swim, makes great time on the 112-mile bike, and then usually loses the will to live somewhere between miles 18 and 22 on the 26.2-mile run.

So of course his birthday card needs to bicycle themed, and ever since Hero Arts came out with its bicycle set, bike cards are easy! Thank you, Hero Arts!

Combine that cool bike set with a tri-panel card, and my honey will love his birthday card!


Front panel

Inside panels...I just love that old-fashioned bike.



The three panels

I once saw a t-shirt on a woman near the finish line of an Ironman race. It said, "Just Tri-ing to Understand."

That's me.

But it sure is fun cheering him on and picking him up at the medical tent after he gets his post-race IV fluids.

Good times.

Note: I attached the third panel, which measured 5.5" x 4.75", with a 1/2" flap scored on one side. You can see pretty clearly in the second photo how it is attached since I didn't quite line it up perfectly. I'll do better next time, but as my hubby always says, this is definitely good enough for government work.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey (Birthday Basics, Faux Ribbon)
ink: Memento
paper: Neenah
accessories: scor-tape




9 comments:

  1. I understand the confusion. My DBIL does the Ironman. We all have red shirts that say "Dave's Support Team" with a picture of a jockstrap on both the front and the back. There are over 20 of us, ranging in age from 4 to 70 wearing these tops. The athletes at the local event now try to count how many times we can be spotted during an event. It's become the local game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave's incredibly fortunate to have so many people supporting him! At one IM event, there were a lot of folks in lime green shirts that said, "I'm with Crazy." Yep. That computes. It's just such a fun time for those of NOT doing the race, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to your honey :) God bless.

    And I love love your card. The tri-panel is such an awesome idea .. and I really liked the other two folded cards as well. I think this would be so much fun stamping :) Thanks for the brilliant idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This stamp set is my most used set ever. My husband is a bike racer (and so is my 10 year old), and I cycle relationally. Our friends all bike...so this set gets a TON of use. But I love what you did with it!! :) Amazing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with all the bicycles on their dotted lines. Hope your husband loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. I love the bike with the banana seat and good luck to the tri-athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great personalized card for your husband. I love the trifold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. Especially three colors....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!