Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sympathy and Prayers

Sometimes, all you need to make a card is a pretty piece of vellum.


Well, and a bit of twine. I always find with sympathy cards that the best designs are definitely the simplest.

I need to restock my sympathy card stash. Today, we learned that a good friend from my husband's early days in the Air Force, Dave Raab, passed away last night. He will be missed by many.



I will be offering up special prayers today for all who mourn his passing...and for all who are mourning in general. Feel free to leave prayer requests in the comments of this post for specific losses, and I invite all of you who pray to lift up those who mourn.

May God's comfort and the peace that passes all understanding cover us all, each unto our need.

5 comments:

  1. Susan, I am so glad that I found your blogs. Your work and words never fail to move me -- you might make me laugh, sometimes (like today) shed a tear, think, ponder, wonder, wish, dream, but you always inspire me. Thanks for sharing yourself!
    big hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Though I do not know him, I am sad for him and those he left behind. Death is final and there is little consolation here; the knowledge that we may see those who go ahead of us someday soon helps but little for now; greatly later, when we are not so raw and finally able to be comforted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your cards - even the tough to make sympathy cards. But I'm curious - did you stamp on the vellum or the cardstock and cover it with vellum?
    thanks for all your wonderful ideas
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, the vellum on this card is a gorgeous, pre-printed botanical vellum. The only stamping on this whole card is the sentiment, which is directly on the card stock just below the vellum piece. Couldn't be easier.

      Delete
  4. Your card is beautiful and conveys a peaceful feeling. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I will say a special prayer tonight for you and his family. Our pastor reminds us weekly that death does not have the last word. God does.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!