Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Two Things

Thing 1

In reference to the dilemma of yesterday's post, it was the color and the image.

This is SOOOOO much better.

Changing both the pink ink to green AND the solid flower to an outline that is more obviously styled to match the tree, and the envelope "belongs" much better with the card.

Note also the nothingness inside the flower. It draws you in. Ponder it for a while.

And then move on to...

Thing 2

Another entry for One-Layer Simplicity #5: Fabulous Flowers!

This card was entirely inspired by a whole set of New Year's Eve cards for 2003 in 1,000 Greetings, that endless font of inspiration that several of you have purchased. Wise choice.

The particular inspiration card I used for this had four vellum panels, each with one number of the year in big, big type integrated into a sentence or phrase in tiny type. The vellum panels layered onto each other interestingly (read: busily), but I loved the interplay of a big image and little type. My card doesn't go to the big/tiny extremes of the inspiration piece, but I still love how it plays with scale anyway.

Size: 3.5" x 6.5"

Just a tip: when you ink up half a sentiment, stamp, clean, ink the other half, and stamp again, MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE STAMP THOROUGHLY BETWEEN INKINGS!!!!

Just sayin'.

Click on over to OLS#5 and play along with us!

Supplies
stamps: Gina K Hello Sunshine
ink: Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestone

5 comments:

  1. Thing 1: I agree with the new flower on the envelope.

    Thing 2: LOVE this combination. And I can't ever clean my stamps well enough to only ink up one side, then the other, so I cut them apart. Once you get over the OMG I CANNOT DO THAT, you do it every day. It's quite liberating, and I have a lot fewer inky accidents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the change u've made. Unified.
    The second - does that represent a beautiful mind? Coz the flower and colour are very beautiful :)

    Note to self: The Memento Luxe ink is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green and green! You amaze me how you always seem to know what will look good together! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thing 1 - love the replacement flower

    Thing 2 - glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't cleaned thoroughly between stampings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thing 1 - yes, that flower is a better "fit"

    Thing 2 - wow, I'm sure we've all been there on the stamp cleaning issue. I have found that after cleaning, it's good practice to huff on the stamp a few times and stamp off on scrap paper just to satisfy myself that it really is clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!