Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Altenew Gets Challenging

We're back, I'm exhausted, and George is an Ironman...for the seventh time. Thanks to all who showed their support for him, and especially to Amy, Marcia, and Nicole who made me feel so welcome in Madison!


Altenew asked the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge to participate in their Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop, and I jumped at the chance. I encourage you to play along...you might win prizes! And orders will receive a free gift while supplies last.

So YAY!

Check to OLS post for details.

I posted on the OLS Blog with a one-layer card because, you know, OLS. But I made several others to share here. These two cards demonstrate the very different results you get with different techniques, even with just one layer.

First up, soft watercolor effects. The base of the card is watercolor paper, and the image comes from coloring the stamp with markers, spritzing fairly heavily with water, and stamping. The results are soft and soothing, yet still pink and sweet, too.




Next, softness and simplicity combined to make a crisp yet pretty card. The second card base is Papertrey white cardstock. After masking and sponging, I stamped the image in Memento Luxe pigment inks, drew the line with a silver Prismacolor metallic marker, and added the sentiment.



Blue and green are my favorites!

I hope you'll check out the Altenew Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop! 18 blogs are participating, and there's already amazing work on the link-up!

Supplies
stamps: Altenew Botanical Garden, Sentiments and Quotes
ink: Memento Luxe
paper: watercolor (top), Papertrey white (bottom)
accessories: Memento markers, water spritzer, silver Prismacolor marker, ruler, post-its, sponge

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!