Thursday, September 22, 2016

Soft Thanks

First, a problem. A few of you who subscribe via email are hitting reply and sending emails, only to have them returned to you. Others reply with no difficulty at all. I have no idea what's going on here but will investigate and see what turns up.

Second, I want to thank reader Eva for meeting me today for coffee and a little shopping spree at Marco's Paper! What a fun way to spend the morning...so fun, in fact, that we're going to do it again! But it got me thinking, how many other readers are in the greater Dayton/northern Cincinnati area who might want to meet for coffee? I LOVE meeting people for coffee. If you live locally and are interested in coffee and stampy conversation, please shoot me an email at susanraihala at roadrunner dot com.

Last year, kind reader Sonya sent sent me a very generous batch of feather die cuts that match Waltzingmouse's Fine Feathers. Here I am using them again!


This soft thank you card will be perfect to send to a friend who recently did me a lovely, kind, and very comfortable good deed. She was present when I needed her. The value of that is inestimable.

The far right feather is glued down flat, but the other two are only glued at the bottom. After the glue dried, I lifted the tops of the die cuts and slipped dimensionals under them. What a neat way to add a bit of dimension to a very subtle, simple design.




The ink is Mama Elephant moonlight pigment, which doesn't dry well for me. After waiting just a minute, I dusted the stamped die cuts with my embossing buddy and then let them sit a little longer before gently wiping them with a tissue. The densely inked feather required a second coating with the embossing buddy, but that did the trick.

Merci to all of you for the comments and emails and lurking. It's lovely to know that my little corner of the internet makes some people happy!

Supplies
stamps: Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers, Clear and Simple Stamps Thank You
ink: Mama Elephant moonlight, Memento Luxe espresso truffle
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: die cuts, embossing buddy, silver cord, dimensionals


8 comments:

  1. The feathers are so delicate looking. Adding dimensional provides a nice sense of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish I lived close enough for coffee. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, would love to meet for coffee but it's a bit far. If you're ever in Europe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those feathers made a stunning card.
    Wish I lived in your area, would love to meet up for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the prettiest feather card ever! Love it! Thanks for sharing your talent and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, LOVE this card. And so wishing I lived closer -- it would be a dream come true to get to meet up with you, to thank you for all the inspiration. As I commented once before you are my muse AND you often amuse me!! And inspire me! If you ever come to the Washington, DC/Northern Virginia area and want to meet some fans, let me know!!!! Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. These soft feathers made for the perfect card. Thanks for the tip on the way you added the dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!