Wednesday, September 21, 2016

It's a Miracle!


I made a card with washi! Doesn't this little 1.5" strip justify the bazillion rolls of the stuff on my shelf?

Of course, it does. What a silly question.







The panel is just attached with the washi, although I suspect I need to add a little something to make it more permanent since washi isn't. But I love how the bottom of the panel sticks out from the card, as if it really were hanging there. I think I'll put a little glue on the top edge of the panel and leave it at that.

Isn't it great how the Hero Arts pale tomato ink perfectly matches the washi. Yay! And the fresh peach (also from Hero) gives a lighter tone to the center, solid heart.

Let's admire that sentiment as well. Oh, how I love the handwritten font. Love. Love. Love!!!!

What supply do you have a bazillion of that you could actually use a little of? Search your hoard and find something neglected, apply a little creativity, and see what happens!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey (Keep It Simple Encouragement), October Afternoon
ink: Hero Arts pale tomato, fresh peach, soft sky; Memento Luxe tuxedo black
paper: Papertrey
accessories: washi

4 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right!
    The reason that washi tape is PERFECT is because you had BAZILLIONS to choose from.......just any washi wouldn't have worked!!!
    I love this card. It is a cheerful encouraging note for a friend!
    Thanks as always for your inspiration.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bright and fun. The Washi is perfect. I don't have tons of it, but I could certainly use it more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me laugh. Of course all these rolls of washi tape are now justified. I agree about the thin strip of glue at the top, it's what I thought when I first saw this card. What do I have a zillion of that I need to use... well, washi for one, paper flowers for another, and fibers from back in the day when they were all the rage. I used to have tons of eyelets too but I passed them on to someone else to hoard and now have a reasonable amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, the wonderful use of washi on this card justifies your entire collection. Apart from several rolls of washi which are never 'quite' right on my projects I have ribbon, paper flowers (why?), brads & eyelets and something called Candi Dots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!