Friday, September 9, 2016

Christmas Inspiration


Note: You can follow our weekend in Madison as my husband prepares to do Ironman Wisconsin on Questioning my Intelligence

Rita Perfater has a card in the latest issue of Take Ten that caught my eye.


I particularly liked the upper left corner of the card, with the postage cancellation stamped over text with a sentiment. It's just so soft and pretty and made me think it would make an excellent Christmas card.


My card started as one layer, but the lack of anything in the bottom right of the card looked far too bare, so I stamped the text again but put it too far toward the middle of the card so there was too much in the bottom right. Sadly, there was no recovering the balance of the card after that mistake.

Circular file and start over.

The second time, I used a scrap and got the placement and balance much better. Yay! The silver border adds just the right frame.

Thanks, Rita, for the inspiration!

And thanks, also, to Simplicity reader Amy Doyle, who saw me at Starbucks this morning and introduced herself to me and George. We only spoke briefly, but her kindness made my day!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Vintage Christmas Post, sentiment from another Hero Arts set whose name I can't remember
ink: Hero Arts green, red royal, soft granite; Memento Luxe black
accessories: silver Prismacolor pen, craft foam


4 comments:

  1. This is one special card. The design elements are perfectly placed. I especially love the green bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I started keeping a lawn leaf bag under my table. I put all my paper scraps in it and recycle it all at once. Scary how fast that thing fills up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I started keeping a lawn leaf bag under my table. I put all my paper scraps in it and recycle it all at once. Scary how fast that thing fills up. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!