Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Thanksgiving Crusade Challenge 2016


Welcome to my annual quixotic crusade to save Thanksgiving. I hope you'll play along and make Thanksgiving or thank-you cards to send to friends, family, your favorite barista to let them know how much you appreciate them.

May I remind you that if you live in a country that doesn't formally celebrate Thanksgiving, you are still entirely welcome and encouraged to participate in the Thanksgiving Crusade. It doesn't take a government-sanctioned holiday to show gratitude, now, does it?

An InLinkz button will go up in the next few days on the Thanksgiving tab at the top of Simplicity's page for this year's entries. Before that, feel free to check out last year's beautiful entries. There will be a prize awarded in December.

I'm going to kick it off with this clean-and-simple card that makes me very happy.




These non-traditional colors add interest but also work really well with a crisp white background.



Pull out your Thanksgiving- or gratitude-themed stamps and show your gratitude. After all, what is card making about but showing love and appreciation for the awesome people in our lives?

Stamp grateful.



Supplies
stamps: Simon Says Stamp Autumn Blessings
ink: can't remember
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I have a couple of thank you cards that need to be made. Not promising they will make the link, haha!!! Funny how I've totally gotten out of the habit to post creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, I might actually be able to do it this year. I am going to a weekend paper crafting event. My plans are to make cards! You always inspire me; I am going to try to use that this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for doing this again. We shouldn't need reminding to be thankful ... or to express it, but unfortunately we do. I would love to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!