Thursday, October 13, 2016

1 for 4: Clearly Besotted Holiday Sentiments

Let's take a look at the fabulous set called Holiday Sentiments from Clearly Besotted. Wow, did I have fun with this set or what?!?!

To get my creative juices flowing, I checked out some color pins on my Color My World board on Pinterest. I used this onethis one, and this one.


This combination of Memento Luxe nautical blue and Impress Fresh Ink
pool and basil is soft yet fun.

These natural colors of Hero Arts field greens, soft stone,
and stone washed, along with Archival library green, are earthy, soothing,
and perfect for a card emphasizing the season's message of peace.
I cut this card down a bit to fit the stamped panel.

This combination took a few tries to get the balance right. The colors
are Hero Arts soft pool and Memento lulu lavender and pear tart.
The pear tart is the strongest of these pastels, so it has to be the focal point.

This simple two-color card uses Memento Luxe Danube blue and
Impress Fresh Ink grass. As the only one-layer card of the bunch,
the card gains extra interest from its long, low size (3.5" x 6.5")
 and a single large bling, which pulls the whole thing together.


All four cards followed a basic pattern of stacked layers, which the set is perfectly designed for. Playing around with colors keeps this look fresh and provides endless variation. Since I experimented with the multiple color combinations on large scraps of card stock for the first three cards, I used white-on-white layers to create a "stacked" frame for the "stacks" of words and images. The results made me happy!

Once I'd put the rhinestone on the fourth card, however, I wondered what the two cards with holly would look like with blinged-out berries. I love the addition of a bit of shine to these cards.






Bling is beautiful!

Whew. That was a long post! Hope you like these cards...I sure do!



4 comments:

  1. Eeeaakkkk!! Fab, fab, FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so crisp and cool. The bling adds a magic touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crisp! I like that description! These cards are perfect! Inspiring as usual Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!