Sunday, October 9, 2016

Winter Wishes: One for Three

Using Hero Arts' set Winter Wishes, I made three very different cards.

The first two show clean-and-simple ways to use a large image and smaller images. The large snowflake in this set is huge, so I used it by itself


A banner sentiment with notched ends placed over the snowflake made sense...after all, this huge snowflake is a showcase. More than one on a card by me would be too much, don't you think? Of course, other stampers could happily scatter three or five across a card without batting an eye and make it look gorgeous. Just not me.

The large snowflake's color is a new-to-me inkpad from Ranger Archival called deep violet. It's a gorgeous, deep purply-blue...very rich and festive!

Next up, the two smaller snowflakes in the set (and an old snowflake from a discontinued Hero set) make a lovely aqua flurry around a very appropriate sentiment.



Three shades of aqua add depth to the flurry, as do three shades of rhinestones. The inks are Archival aquamarine, Hero Arts soft pool, and Ancient Page Neptune. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Luxe black.


And finally, a cute snowman scene. To add some dimension, I stamped the hat a second time onto a scrap, cut it out, and popped it up. A heart-shaped rhinestone add to the hat created a visual triangle of red on the card and brought the design together. And just for fun, I added tiny black gems to his coal buttons!



And those are my three cards from Hero Arts' Winter Wishes.

How are you progressing on your holiday cards?












6 comments:

  1. Only 4 completed so far (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made most of them in August, but I don't make as many as you.
    Love your cards, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made most of them in August, but I don't make as many as you.
    Love your cards, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards - I particularly love the snowman. I have started my Christmas cards. I used my MISTI to stamp the image only. That's as far as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE the large snowflake card! Congrats on a beautiful card...someone will be lucky to get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!