Sunday, October 30, 2016

Christmas Cards, Christmas Books, and a Winner

Christmas Cards

Every now and then, I purchase ready-made embellishments,hoard them until I don't like them anymore, and then donate them to the preschool at our church.

Sound familiar?

Anyway, this year I purchased a sheet of glittery holly-and-berry stickers with a new resolution to use the pretty, sparkly things. One appeared on the third card in this post, and here are a few more.

Stamp; Papertrey Keep It Simple: Christmas

Stamp: W Plus 9 Silver Bells

Stamp: Clearly Besotted Ornamental Style

Stamp: Hero Arts Happy Holly Days

Close-up picture of the sparkle!


Obviously, the point in this series is to use JUST a fun sentiment and a single holly sticker on a white card base, but for those of you who get itchy with so much white space, the idea translates into layers and panels of decorative paper...and of course using more than one sticker per card. These little stickers are adorable. Get some. Use them. Don't hoard them.

If you go as clean and simple as I have done here, just remember that placement matters. I tossed a few that were too high up on the card.

Christmas Books

Now for a compilation of the books suggested by readers for Christmas. Many thanks to all who shared!

Red Boots for Christmas by Carol Greene
The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
The Greatest Gift by Max Lucado
One Incredible Moment by Max Lucado
Russell the Sheep, a series by Rob Scotton
The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
"The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry
Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon
Lanterns across the Snow by Susan Hill
The Glass Angels by Susan Hill
The Lost Angel by Elizabeth Goudge
Sister of the Angels by Elizabeth Goudge
The Christmas Tree by Julie Salamon
The Best Christmas Present in the World by Michael Morpurgo
A Wayne in a Manger by Gervase Phinn

And last but not least, the book that spawned all the others, the Holy Bible...in particular the gospel accounts in Matthew and Luke.

A Winner

The winner of the bookmark is Carol Didier! Carol, please email me at susanraihala at roadrunner dot com with your snail-mail address, and I will send you your bookmark! It's a MAJOR AWARD!!!!

Why, oh why, didn't I buy a leg-lamp stamp at The Christmas Story house on our visit to Cleveland this summer?!?!?

6 comments:

  1. You had me at "hoard them until I no longer like them." Haha! Great cards! My fave is the one with the Clearly Besotted sentiment and the glittery sticker in the corner. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it with the embellishments issue - I do that too! Sigh. But I'm telling myself "just use it" for all my supplies.
    Please add Ann Voskamp's book to the list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we were supposed to buy embellishments to hoard until we didn't like them anymore and then continue to hoard them anyway! I guess I didn't get the memo.

    I'm glad that you opted to use them instead of donating them because they are a fabulous touch to your CAS cards. Go white space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the cards. I am more of a CAS person, but I am messy so I do layers so I can rescue my messes. LOL
    Just curious about the inside of these cards. Are they blank or do they have sentiments of some kind inside?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those holly embellishments are darling. They add a nice pop to your cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!