Monday, October 24, 2016

Making Lemonade out of Lemons

Not sure what prompted me to pull out Papertrey's Modern Basics set and play around, but that's what happened this weekend. I thought one of my cards might make a good lesson in rethinking a failure.

First up, the failure. I really hate two-step stamping that's hard to line up.



If you zoom in, you'll notice that the middle butterfly is poorly aligned. In real life, it's VERY noticeable. The top one isn't perfect, either, but much less noticeably so. The bottom one is as close to perfect as can be, and as I sat staring sadly at this failure in both alignment and design (which is very meh), it occurred to me that the bottom butterfly and sentiment COULD be salvaged.

And then this card happened.




While it's not perfect, it is solid. I prefer my butterflies to fly free, and that green line sort of restricts flight, but it also points up, which is good. The green and white is also quite cheerful and upbeat, and the bling is, well, blingity. So there's that.

A definite improvement over the first effort, wouldn't you say?

Don't forget to enter the giveaway from yesterday's post!



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Modern Basics, Clearly Besotted A Little Sentimental
ink: Hero Arts green hills, charcoal; Archival emerald
paper: Papertrey white, StampinUp green galore
accessories: craft foam, glue, rhinestones  



4 comments:

  1. Love the new card! I wish I had your vision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good save- now he is trying to get out and working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent save! Thanks for another great lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your misalignment is noticeable at all, but the save looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!