Sunday, February 12, 2017

An Experiment: Day Six

Well, that was an unexpected blogging break, brought to you by your friendly neighborhood respiratory virus. Ugh. Still not feeling great, sort of like today's card, which I made just as I was starting to feel truly dreadful but only now had energy to photograph.

Could I write more pathetically? Probably. And it will likely be a few days before my full energy is back to stamp and blog. Thank you for your patience.

Today's card was the first of several I hope to make with interesting backgrounds for the solid images in Papertrey's Life stamp set...the focal point of our multi-day Experiment. If you ever find yourself in a slump like I did, I highly encourage you to take one set and use as many of your supplies with it as possible. This has been such a creativity boost...except, of course, for the viral interruption.

Viruses happen.

This background was probably the simplest to make of any. I used two shades of Distress ink, the mini inking tools, and two large post-it notes with extra temporary adhesive to keep them in place.


There's nothing new about the layout, but I wanted to unify the white space with the colored strip, so I added little floating blossoms in the background colors. Given the sentiment's call to spread kindness, that seemed like a good idea!

We sure need more kindness these days.

The supply that makes this sort of card possible is a reliable, solid, opaque black ink. In this case, I used Memento Luxe tuxedo black, which is as thick and solid as they come. Its heaviness provides a nice contrast to the lightness of the shaded lilac and tumbled glass.



And that's all I have to say about that.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Life, Simon Says Stamp Uplifting Thoughts
ink: Memento Luxe tuxedo black, Distress shaded lilac, tumbled glass
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: post-it notes, temporary adhesive, mini inking tools and sponges 

10 comments:

  1. sorry you are not feeling well. the card is soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blending is awesome. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been feeling poorly - you've come back with a stunning card, this is my favourite so far from this series
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!..feel better soon! What is the drying time of Momento Luxe?...does it need heat setting? I like the dark coverage on your card but have moved away from pigments because of smearing and slow drying ie...impatience! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love the blossom floating over to the white space. Using the background colour unifies it all brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this gorgeous card! The soft colored blossoms blowing in the wind is so lovely. Hoping you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning. I love the blossoms leaving the inked space and floating over the sentiment. Just beautiful. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And you got some good impressions using the Distress Ink on the tiny blossoms... I'm always afraid to use it for regular stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card. I just love seeing how one stamp set can do so many different cards. Thank you for opening my eyes to this technique. I am trying it now. I do hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be cautious with your plague. Around these parts it comes back for round 2 if you aren't careful. Love this card. The seeds of kindness blowing around the greeting are what really make it for me. Here's to your health!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!