Thursday, February 23, 2017

Fresh Greens

Sometimes, it doesn't take much to get inspired. A glance at this pin took me to today's card with lots of fun and very little fuss!




The circle and the shades of fresh green in the inspiration piece become the focal point of my card, which is anchored in the design with a simple white rectangular strip stamped with the sentiment in the darkest shade of green.

This arrangement avoids the pitfall of the "floating focal point," which is generally held in contempt by designers but often is quite satisfying to my philistine eye.

Note that the inspiration piece works well because the leaves, captured inside a circle, are very linear...and lines love curves. The tension between the circle and the lines works so well in the inspiration packaging, but my leaves are very curly and curved, so that tension was lost. The straight lines of the sentiment panel create a similar tension, though.

I did try to mat the circle and the strip with narrow white mats, but it took away from the freshness of the design. This way, the focus really is that delightful green spectrum.



I'm going to take the advice of several of you and send the picture of the yellow Stickles to Ranger. Hopefully, they have an explanation, and if they do, I'll share it with you!

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and hope,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Turning a New Leaf, Keep It Simple Healing Wishes
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Kaleidacolor
accessories: dimensionals, circle punch (1 1/2", I think!)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! You have such a talent for turning the ordinary into the extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best way to enjoy your greens. I'm on a low-carb diet and I'm personally sick of 'em. So I may CAS your card this week, (with credit to you, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful card - so fresh and full of spring colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!