Sunday, December 9, 2012

Insert Witty Post Title Here

Jibber Jabber

Well, it's been a crazy few days. If you just want to see the card, scroll down and skip the next few paragraphs of jibber-jabber.

Thursday, I ran around town for all sorts of errands, many holiday related, and realized as I crawled into bed that night that I hadn't picked up an ornament at church to photograph for you. Friday, I got a flat tire, the story of which will appear on my other blog sometime this week because it was sort of freaky...in a good way. That night, George and I left our kids alone for the first time to go to a party. Nick made it an hour and forty-five minutes before he got nervous about being in charge and called me home. I'm so proud of him. (BTW, my hubs was far more nervous than I about this big step for Nick.) Saturday, well, I'm not sure what happened to Saturday, although I did clean up some stuff, take the kids to the public library, get groceries. Sunday, I was liturgist for the first time and had to read Luke 3:1-6, which I tell you has a lot of hard Bible words in it and I NAILED them. Thank Heaven for Google, practice, and a little help from the Holy Spirit.

BUT, I forgot to pull an ornament out of the basket for my own use, so I'm going to make one tomorrow and post it ASAP. I'm so sorry about the delay on this.


Today's Card

Here you go...pink, frosty snow!




In keeping with OLW117, I used a glue pad and what looked like white glitter...except it really looks pink on the paper. So what to do with the pink tone? Enhance it with a bright pink sentiment. Why not?

The two lines across the top are Scor-Tape, which is just so perfect to use with glitter.

The stamps are from Through the Trees by Papertrey.

Happy Monday!




11 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card! I also read at church and someone told me about a website called Biblical Words Pronunciation Guide. It's helped because I can hear the word pronounced. There are still words I stumble over but I do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used that same website, Karen! What a huge help. I've passed it along to a number of people who didn't know of it, including our pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a pink girl but this card is beautiful. I might have to change my mind about things pink
    Pat J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Susan....not to worry about the ornament - the idea is for next year anyhow so don't beat yourself up at all....yes, life is very busy - why do we allow ourselves to get into this state? Yet it happens every year and that's not what Christmas is meant to be. Glad to know of a site for help in awful names etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I have a glue pad that I've never used - now I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a question Susan...how did you really get the glitter to stick? I've used the glue pad with glitter before, and the glitter would fall off. Any tips? Beautiful card, BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That passage must be the lectionary passage because our liturgist also had to read it. Our pastor quipped that it was to initiate our new elders!

    I love your jibber-jabber because it usually makes me laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful! I love the pinkness and the sentiment colour so works with it!
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. What kind of glue pad did you use? I've had two of them --- Hampton and Martha Stewart --- and I threw them both away because I could never get anything to stick on them! It was so frustrating! What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Susan! Was just thinking I need a glue pad to duplicate your card…but after reading the comments here I'm not so sure. I love the Sakura glue pen and Scor-Tape best for adhering glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!