Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Teacher Gifts

Regarding the Stephen Ministry ornaments...I should be able to pick one up at the church tomorrow and bring it home to photograph, so it will get posted soon. They really are very simple since I'm the only SM in our group who's crafty. Thanks for all your interest in them.

Now, Christmas always presents me with a present challenge. Our son Jack has autism, and honestly, if it takes a village to raise a neurotypical child, it takes a metropolis to raise a child with autism. I like to acknowledge the metropolis at Christmas and the end of the school year, but with so many people involved, it's tough to stay on budget.

All of  Jack's teachers, aides, therapists, and such use notecards regularly, so notecard sets are a cost-effective and much appreciated gift. I use the clear notecard set boxes from Papertrey for packaging and these envelopes from Marco's Paper. Each set has either 8 or 10 notecards...single-panel, 1/4 sheet cards rather than folded cards. The total cost for each set is around $3.00.

You can't beat that with a stick, eh?

Speaking of sticks, Jack makes these sugar plums, which I add to each gift for a personal touch from him. I like using pipe cleaners and jingle bells to seal the cellophane bags on the sugar plums. It's more festive--not to mention faster and easier--than tying curly ribbon or string on the sticks!

This year, I'm going to share some of the sets to give you ideas for your own gift giving. Isn't it nice to be able to acknowledge the many people who make a difference in your life with special gifts that don't require taking out a second mortgage?

BTW, my sister informed me this year she doesn't want anything practical. She wants a mini iPad and an iPhone4S 'cause she likes talking to Suri. I told her I couldn't afford either of those for her, and she said, yes, she's hard to buy for this year.

I love my sister. She makes me laugh. And she bought me fleece socks for my birthday.

Anyway, here are a couple of the clean-and-simple notecard sets I've made so far. Feel free to steal whatever inspiration you need for your own gift giving.


Stamps: A Muse


Stamps: Papertrey Floral Frenzy


Happy gift giving!



5 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom. Thanks for sharing your lovely gift ideas with us. I'm going to have to check out the clear boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sets are lovely! What a fantastic idea. I can think of a number of people on my list who would enjoy these. Thanks for sharing. I really LOVE homemade gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card set are the best kind of gifts as they are made with love and care! I am sure they will be much appreciated by the teaching staff for Jack. Beautiful design, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your designs are very pretty. The notepaper is a lovely and thoughtful gift. I look forward to seeing more of your projects. Thanks much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea. Thank you for sharing your designs with us. I haven't been excited about making card sets for gifts since my grandmother said the ones I gave her were "interesting" and the other people I gave similar sets to said nothing at all. I think the cards I make are nice but that kind of gave my confidence a kick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!