Monday, June 11, 2018

Colored Card Bases...Oh, My!

I had so much fun playing with the die cuts sent to me by the kind and generous Sarah! Some of the die cuts really required colored card bases to shine, so here they are...plus one white-based card I forgot to share yesterday.



Now, a white die cut can still be used on a white base (see bottom card below), but this gorgeous vine-decorated heart begged for bright pink. The sentiment (in black) and punched butterfly (with black gems) complete the card.




This piney thank-you card is my favorite of the three by a narrow margin. I adore the way the StampinUp Baja breeze base lets the pine branch and natural snowflake and sentiment shine.



These leaves (not die cuts but included by Sarah in the bag) are so textured and bright and fun! The card base is made up of Papertrey's natural card stock...which is off-white and flecked with dark specks. These leaves on a pure white card looked harsh and weird.

I combined the leaves with the ornamental die cut for a Thanksgiving card. My minimalist instinct wanted to use just two leaves with the ornamental piece, but that would have been laughably phallic. As it is, I think of the joke from My Big Fat Greek Wedding about three testicles.

I'm an English major. What else can you expect? And now, you can't look at that Thanksgiving card without laughing, can you?




And here's an almost ALL-WHITE card with delightful texture and movement...and three tiny red rhinestones to make a statement! Of all the cards, it's the most LateBlossom-y.

Many thanks to Sarah for sharing her die cuts with me and sparking creativity where it's been sort of drowsy lately. If you are in a slump, try playing outside your comfort zone as I've done with these eight cards.

What's the worst that could happen? You could make pretty trash! That's certainly better than making nothing at all.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

4 comments:

  1. Another collection of simple perfection. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at your thanksgiving card(sorry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. I never know if I'm going to offend anyone with my English major sensibilities, LOL!

      Delete
  3. More beautiful cards! Love the top one. I have that die and this is fantastic inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!