Monday, January 6, 2020

Fall Leaves in January Because Why Not?

Mias zauberhafte Dinge Zauberhaftes aus Papier posted this Pin which made me bounce in my seat with glee and make these.




The colors are StampinUp markers applied directly to the stamps,
spritzed with water, and then stamped..



I couldn't quite get the hang of looping the twine behind the mat, so old-school bows wrapped around the mat sufficed. I left the tails of the bows extra long, though, and really like the look. Mia's originals look much more delicate than mine, but the bold fall colors warm my heart on these cold winter days. 

And these cards are extra-popped with dimensionals between the white and kraft mats and under the leaves, so they will not be mailed...or will be mailed in packages. 

Today was the first day of class, and a great day it was! Last week, after having two of my three classes canceled, I was resigned to an easy semester. Then, Friday afternoon at three o'clock, my department chair called and offered me another class. What a relief that will be this fall when we have to pay tuition to University of Cincinnati for the start of Nick's junior year. 

Sinclair tuition is being moved to UC in a very expensive shell game, but I don't want to think about that too much. Oy!

Tomorrow I shall stamp, which makes me very, very happy!

What are you doing this week that makes you very, very happy? Inquiring minds....

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, these delight me! I'd seen and loved Mia's cards before (I don't even know how long I've had her original post bookmarked), but your version feels so much more accessible; they make me want to run to my stash and start stamping leaves. The simplicity, the white space, the autumnal colors... Ahhh.

    I'm so glad your first day of class went well. It's good to hear that you'll also be having more time to stamp this year.

    This week will be busy for me, but I'm hoping to squeeze in some time to make thank-you cards for Christmas gifts, and perhaps also some time to set up my bullet journal for the new year. Card-making and planner-organizing both make me happy.

    Speaking of happy: Have you heard of Because Internet by Gretchen McCulloch? It's the first book I'm reading this year, and I'm loving it. As a fellow internet denizen and lover of English, you might find it interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Cacia's comment about why she loves these cards - the simplicity, the white space, the autumnal colors. Just perfect. They've been properly pinned for a future crafting day.

    My son gave me a subscription to Creativebug for Christmas and I plan to start stitching a dropcloth embroidery sampler this week as a fun way to learn and practice a variety of stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love for leaves and these cards just made my heart go pitter patter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards. It is so nice seeing your posts again. I've been playing with alcohol inks again and that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make the most beautiful cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!