Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Another Tree Set

In my most recent order, I picked up a set from Simon Says called Giving Thanks...which has a tree in it. Have I mentioned lately how much trees appeal to me? Well, they do. A lot.




Isn't that a neat-looking tree? Sure it is! Now, if you click on the link above and take a look at the set, you'll see that there's a single stamp that has all the leaves the tree needs, as well as several individual or small groups of leaves. To make this card, I stamped the large foliage stamp first in Memento tangelo ink, and then, using Memento Morocco ink, I over-stamped random leaves with the individual leaf stamp. The variations in color look so pretty!

To make the hill, I masked the tree trunk, inked part of the long sentiment in the set after putting it on the acrylic block in the curved shape, and stamped. Adding a few random fallen leaves draws attention to the sentiment. Yay!

And of course bling. The curve of the hill is echoed in the single curved corner of the raised panel and highlighted by a little arch of bling.

Some people hate autumn and might find this card depressing. I love autumn...really love it deep in my bones. It's the season of pumpkin-spice everything, cool days, bright blue skies, multi-colored leaves, apple pies, and Thanksgiving. Given the hot, humid days we've been having in Ohio, thoughts of fall are a happy meditation!

And that's all I have to say about that.

Supplies
stamps: Simon Says Giving Thanks
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, corner rounder, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I, too, love autumn, and your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Autumn is my favorite time of year. I love the colors, the cool nights and warm days, even the rainy ones, and the smell. Nothing smells as good as a warm autumn day, except maybe a cool, crisp one!
    I love tree stamps and dies, too. I just need to use them more on my cards:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! My feelings about Fall are exactly the same as yours! Are we sure we aren't related? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!