Sunday, July 12, 2015

OLS18 Again: Sparkle and Shine

Don't forget about the OLS challenge for July: Sparkle and Shine! It's a perfect opportunity to get a start (if you haven't already) on Christmas/winter holiday cards. After all, sparkle and shine are a huge part of what decking the halls is all about!

I love the simplicity of this card. No sentiment needed, and the star is so very sparkly with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.



Have you started your holiday cards yet? Are you upset that I even brought them up? Come on, now, don't be a Scrooge! Holiday cards are such a meaningful way to say share the love and let people know you're thinking of them.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted Modern Christmas
ink: SU cherry cobbler, Brilliance galaxy gold
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: not a blessed one!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't started my Christmas cards yet - I find that I have enough time to create them on Dec. 17th or so - they'll arrive by Dec. 24th - plenty early for Christmas! LOL I LOVE that tree! SU's Cherry Cobbler is one of my go-to's for Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Christmas in July. Maybe I should start some cards now! Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I thought this was a die cut at first. Nice card. Yes, thank you for the reminder to do my Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a Scrooge, but I feel Christmas cards are not a chore that has to be started in July, but rather a joyful experience that happens in the fall as we prepare for the Holiday season! I absolutely hate Christmas being shoved in our faces during the summer..or any other time before October. I'm just one to needs to be the spirit of and anticipating the season while making my cards! I just can't get my head around the notion that Christmas cards must be almost a year 'round activity...the retail side is already obnoxiously early. Just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marilyn, you must manage your time better than I do. I agree with you about the stores getting rolling too soon, but I make and send over 100 cards...mostly unique, very few multiples. If I don't start now, I'll definitely not finish in time. And I don't think it's a chore; I enjoy every minute of it!

      Isn't it great that we all get to work in our own best way? :-)

      Delete
    2. Indeed....freedom of choice is definitely best. Can't imagine doing 100 different cards...sometimes I do two different cards because I get bored with one! Just gets tiresome having Christmas "all year round".

      Delete
  5. I do Christmas cards for the next year, along with all the other cards I need for birthdays, mothers/fathers day and a few spares in early January. That's my least busy month so I can leave out my card making stuff and do a few every night. Then I pack away the holiday themed card making stuff when I pack away the rest of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Brenda, that sounds like a great way to accomplish this!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!