Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Thinking Things

My brain is always thinking things. It's sort of frustrating and makes it hard to fall asleep at night, and it means I walk around wearing a thoughtful, distracted face and tend to ignore people who say hello to me.

On the other hand, my brain generally thinks good things, with a definitely inclination toward irony and humor and optimism. It doesn't like thinking about bad things, though sometimes it must, but it works through them as quickly as possible to get back to the good things it enjoys.

Like summer fields of wildflowers. Wordsworth might have gotten high on the memory of daffodils dancing in the breeze, but I prefer wildflowers to dance away my pensive moods.

Have you ever been in the Rocky Mountains (I suppose any big mountains will do, though) and hiked through a meadow full of wildflowers? I have. It made me think about God and gratitude and peace and how beauty happens without human interference and earth doesn't really need us to carry on. And at the end of one particularly long backpacking trip, it made me think how nice it would be when I got back to civilization and hot water and my razor that would fix the inch of hair growing in my armpits and on my legs.

TMI? Sorry about that.

Anyway, meadow full of wildflowers...thinking of you...a match made in heaven.





The botanical stamps are from Technique Tuesday's One of a Kind set. I accented them with a pink Sakura Stardust pen. The sentiment is from a limited edition Clear and Simple set (no longer available).

Happy Tuesday. I'm nursing a sick teenager. Poor little lamb. Laryngitis has rendered his voice squeaky and crackly...and when his normal deep voice cracks through, it's utterly hysterically funny. Even he laughs. Then he coughs. It's sad. It's funny. It gives me something to think about.

What are you thinking about today?

Supplies
stamps: Technique Tuesday (One of a Kind), Clear and Simple Stamps (Thinking of You)
ink: Memento, Memories
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: Sakura stardust pen







3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the beautiful cards you created for a few challenges I enjoy. I follow your blog because of the inspiration I get from your beautiful work. But I really want you to know, I now look forward to your posts more than any others because of your wonderful writing. You always make me smile. :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly 50 years ago, I spent many summer afternoons with my sister and friends in a field of wildflowers on the edge of a forest in Germany. One of the best memories ever. I can still picture it as clearly as if I were still there. Your card is lovely. I can almost smell the grasses and flowers; thank you for a refreshing card. Today I'm concentrating hard on counting my blessings. It's a good place to be. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have meadows that look like this round here ... just about now beginning to fill with field poppies ... lovely! Such a beautiful card, it evokes memories of long hiking days for me too (maybe not the razor though!). Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!