Monday, February 1, 2016

One-Layer Simplicity 24 - Friends

The One-Layer Simplicity Team is tickled pink to announce that we are now linking all of our posts to our new OLS Facebook page. Be sure to pop over and follow us. It's another great way for you to stay in touch with OLS and see what's going on.

In honor of our new OLS Page on Facebook, February's theme is Friends. Your one-layer card can use any color, layout, technique, occasion, or sentiment, but the word friend (or friends, or friendship, you get the drift) must appear.

My first card for the challenge has the word friend more than once. I realized I had a two very old Hero Arts friendship sets loaded with sentiments...and I haven't made a word collage in a while.




There are a couple of non-Hero stamps in this bunch...Papertrey and Clearly Besotted, to be specific. Since all these stamps are clear, I laid them out where I wanted, took a picture with my phone, and then was able to place them all where they belonged by referring to my photo.

However did we survive before smart phones?

Anyway, the blues and greens here (all Hero Arts inks) make me very happy.

And I'll be even happier if you follow One-Layer Simplicity on Facebook, click on over to the OLS challenge, and play along with us!

Remember that the challenge will be live until midnight on the 24th of each month. Before the next month's challenge goes live, we post a "Details" post that highlights the DT's favorite details from all the cards submitted. If your card is selected, you earn the right to show a special badge on your blog!



Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey, Clearly Besotted
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, iPhone

7 comments:

  1. This one is fabulous and I too love to see the blue and green in harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love those colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job fitting everything together like that. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love how you use green and blue ink on cards. My favorite two colors! Fun way to use sentiments too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always excel at building a "picture" with words! Love the different colors too. I try to use color when I stamp...but I never like the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, it really caught my eye. Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!