Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Bee Happy

Have you ever had the experience of commenting on social media--about something you are expert on--and having someone make an ignorant response? Then, you kindly and reasonably try to educate the ignoramus because ignorance is fixable? Then, you realize the ignoramus wants to be ignorant (which is just stupid, which isn't fixable at all)?

Will I ever learn? Who's the stupid one here?

That's a rhetorical question.

Anyway, today's card makes me feel much better because it's so gosh darn cute. It was inspired by this card by Mia, and you can see the influence quite clearly.




The bee-themed stamps are from Hero Arts, and the script is PTI. The ink is Distress. The card is 3 3/4" x 7 1/4"...a great size that fits into a standard envelope I bought at Marco's Paper.




This color makes me want to eat a spoonful of honey. Yummy!

I hope you are all staying safe and well. Ohio is starting to open up, which brings a lot of stress and worry with it. But today is my husband's birthday, so we're eating rib eye steaks and pretending everything is normal!

We all need some pretend in our lives. And I'm going to pretend that I really can change someone's mind on social media. One day. Today is not that day.

Bzzz, bzzz.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and birthday cake,
Susan


9 comments:

  1. love this so much. that one color plus white is gorgeous. plus now I want a rib eye steak. happy birthday George!! yeah social media is a mine field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rib eye was delicious...and there are leftovers. I love leftover rib eye on a salad.

      And social media is also a cesspool.

      Delete
  2. George Carlin rule: never argue with an idiot. First he brings you down to his level and then beats you up with experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! But I really thought at first it was just a case of not knowing how nuanced the situation was. Instead, it was a man with only a hammer for whom everything is a nail. *sigh* I bowed out and wished him well as soon as I realized that.

      Delete
  3. OMG, I just love your sense of humor! Card is really cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I enjoyed your post today. Funny! Happy Birthday to George!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable card! I really like the color used also, I think I might have that ink...such a cute card.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the slim line card! I'm collecting design ideas. FYI there are many videos on YouTube Reddit dedicated to this very topic. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!