Monday, April 2, 2012

Gettin' Textural

I've had this scrap of cotton on my desk for months...even through moving that desk from the bedroom to the sliding door nook. The texture of this selvage edge is fabulous, but not exactly my style. The scrap of green ribbon also has a lovely texture and had joined the fabric weeks ago.

This weekend I decided to do something with them, and this is what happened.



All this natural organic texture is a little different for me, but I love how all the pieces work together. Natural cotton, cheerful green ribbon, even more cheerful orange and white baker's twine. The right-justified sentiment from PTI just works perfectly.

(Note: the ribbon is mounted on a strip of card stock to give it body since I popped it up.)

I'm still not organized enough to show pictures of my crafting nook yet, but we're getting there. All our furniture will be moved into the new house on Thursday. Yeah!!! No more sleeping on an air mattress!!! If you want to see a picture of our new house without the orange stucco, check out my other blog post here.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the texture!!! and I love how the pieces work together too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting card with the fabric, ribbon and twine! The varying textures are quite pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. W-O-W!!! That texture is amazing! And a little really has gone a long way! Fabulous, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your description of how this came to be reminds me of that Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup commercial when the chocolate and peanut butter collide and become something delicious!!!This combo looks so good I could eat it up...well not really but you get the idea!!
    blessings
    patti moffett

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific combination! Who would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this crunchy granola (for you) card. Still very clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use up those precious 'bits'! Hope the final stage of your move goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to use the scraps that were on your desk. I so like that when it happens and looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a stash of selvages and bits and pieces I can't bear to throw away either. I've used some on cards, but need to do it more. You've brought everything together perfectly and even wrapped it all up in a bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!