Sunday, April 8, 2012

What Unusual Color Combos Do You Love?

I've used this layout before...several times...with different snowflakes and similarly shaped sentiments. Nothing original here, but I sure love these colors, that snowflake, and the perfectly perfect sentiment. A lot.




Marina Mist and Sahara Sand, both by StampinUp, look awesome together, and while they generally seem a bit more beachy than Christmasy, I still love them for snowflake-themed cards. So soft and pretty!

What's your favorite odd color combo you have used on any themed card (not just Christmas)?


Supplies
stamps: PTI Winterberry
ink: SU
paper: PTI white
accessories: tag punch (marvy), floss, corner rounder, envelope

9 comments:

  1. Not super unusual but I like kraft with rose red and a dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing Pool Party and So Saffron together and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if it's "unusual" but I very much like PTI's new leaf green w/Hawaiian shores. I also like SU real red with chocolate chip and kraft. :) Nice snowflake card. I never mixed those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, forgot one of the more recent combos I like ... PTI's autumn rose and lemon tart w/black or dark grey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card. I don't know if this qualifies, but I recently tried Soft Stone with Enchanted Evening, and they looked very manly together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I think I'm a real stick-in-the-mud when it comes to colour combinations. I browsed through my SCS gallery and realized that doing your OLW challenge of pink and orange was about as odd as I get. My Christmas cards are all traditional red, green, gold, and silver, or blue and white for snow-themed ones. My non-Christmas cards are pretty traditional colour combinations too - usually soft colours, lots of blue. I did a hot colour challenge on SCS and it was hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no color combinations to add but LOVE that you post CHRISTMAS CARDS in April. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Susan, classy especially with the matching envelope and tag:0) I use lots of colours but tend to stick to traditional colour combinations and contrasts. I remember it's not that long ago that one of your colour challenge combo's made me feel decidedly nauseous, LOL
    Hope you had a good holiday weekend, Gay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love kraft with anything, but like darker browns (like SU's chocolate chip) with just about any color, too. Dark brown and navy (with some kraft thrown in) is a perfect combo for me. You'd think it would be depressing, but it's rather elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!