Monday, April 16, 2012

Photo Corners on Cards

I used to scrapbook (yes, that's a verb) obsessively. Now I make cards obsessively. But my supplies are still scrapbook-ready because I will go back to it one day. My family loves looking at their scrapbooks, but when Simple Scrapbooks magazine folded and my local scrapbook store closed (within months of each other!), I lost my scrappin' mojo.

Five years is a long time for mojo to go on vacation, but it is what it is.

Those photo-specific supplies, however, occasionally work really well on cards, and these kraft photo corners were perfect for my white/kraft/pop of turquoise two-layer card.




The vase is colored with a copic marker, and the stems are highlighted with Smooch...I think the color is Pool. Here's a closer look at the color:



The photo corners help anchor the stamped panel and give a bit of definition to the white-on-white layering.

Do you repurpose other art supplies for use on stamped cards? I mean, Copics and Sharpies weren't invented for stamping, but lots of stampers use them now. I've used mat board and canvas on cards, too. So, what are your favorite non-stamp-specific art supplies to use on cards?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey (Gracious Vases, Text Style)
ink: Memento cocoa, Memories sand
paper: PTI white
accessories: dimensionals, photo corners, Copic marker, Smooch

5 comments:

  1. I love that you used photo corners on your card! I like using baker's twine as an accent. I definitely remember when it was used on boxes of goodies from our neighborhood bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to use napkins as a background - just glue them onto a piece of paper. They are so unexpnsive and some of them really look like designer paper but are so much cheaper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Light sand paper for sand in beach cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a cheap set of kids' watercolour paints frequently for colouring my images. Though not really an art supply, I also use a lot of repurposed cardstock for the bordering layers on my cards - from advertising flyers that come in the mail, and also from the publishers' catalogues I used to receive when I worked as a librarian (they often had solid coloured back covers).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done any sewing in years and so I frequently raid my stash for card making. Many of the items are currently favorites of stampers and I'm glad I don't have to fork over for those items just waiting in the sewing drawers. I have "found" embroidery floss, seam binding, various threads, my tracing wheel that is good for perfectly shaped lines of holes, buttons, lace edging and even some cute retro accent pieces to name just a few.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!