Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Build-A-Flower and a Cool Marker Tip

Today's card uses the petal-shaped frame from Grunge Me (Papertrey) to create a fun, graphic flower.



If I'd used fairy vomit, I could have used this card for the OLW126 challenge, but alas, hot pink and gray appear frequently on my cards.

And yes, getting the petals all lined up perfectly was hard and required a magic wand gridded acrylic block and holding my breath.

Today's Cool Tip
Did you know that alcohol markers (Copics, Bics, Sharpies) can be blended on bling? I have been experimenting with matching my rhinestones to ink better, and in the process discovered that if, say, your bling is a true red but you need a purplish red, all you have to do is add some purple or blue over it. If you go too far, simply add red to correct. Repeat until you turn into Goldilocks and get it juuuust right. This works equally well starting from scratch with a clear rhinestone.

Blending. It's not just for paper!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Grunge Me
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestone, Bic gray marker

5 comments:

  1. Simply amazing! Your magic wand/breath holding worked! It looks perfect to me. I've got to order this stamp set. You've shown so many ways to use it, and every time your cards turn out perfectly. Really love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool flower - love the placement of the sentiment. I have blended marker colors on clear bling; it works like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMHO - Susan, what are you drinking??
    Hilariousness abound...
    Okay - the card - simply delightful, the sentiment is perfectly placed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!