Friday, November 8, 2013

Inspired by Courtney Kelley

Courtney Kelly had a fabulous "Ka-Pow!" card published on page 41 of Paper Crafts Handmade Cards. It's made to showcase using ready-made embellishments, and Courtney came up with such a fun design and layout!

While I cannot make a nice card with premade embellishments to save my life, I felt totally inspired by her layout and lifted it almost completely for today's Christmas card.


The poinsettias are made using daisy punches, layered, and yellowish green rhinestones. I had originally only used the large flower, but the design felt incomplete and just too plain, so I added the small one and like the way it moves your eye around the design.

I couldn't have made this card without being inspired by Courtney's fab card, so thanks so much Courtney!

And check out Courtney's blog HERE for some amazingly beautiful, hip, and trendy paper craft awesomeness!


Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (shadow), Papertrey sentiment
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white, SU real red
accessories: flower punches, rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous design - love the poinsettias and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poinsettias - thanks for sharing how you made them. I love your color combo and the pop of the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the layout. awesome color combo, too. so glad that you enjoyed my card. and thank you for linking to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making such an awesome card to riff off of!!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!