Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lucky Number Seven

You had to know this was coming.

After my mathematical miscalculation on yesterday's card, I absolutely had to pull off that challenge from Paper Crafts Stamp It magazine to use one stamp seven times.




Stamping seven of something in a row is pretty easy with a gridded acrylic block. Stamp the middle one first, then work outward on each side until you have seven.

It was dumb luck that the sentiment fit perfectly under the row of flowers. As my husband said during his Air Force flying years, "I'd rather be lucky than good."

(That's not true, though. I'd much rather be good than lucky. But I'll take luck when it comes my way. It would be silly not to do so.)

And while we're talking about challenges, click on over to Heather's blog to see OLW167: Just Add Water. Oh. My. Gosh. I love this challenge and Heather's sample card, too! Spritzing an inked stamp is one of my FAVORITE techniques.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (flower), Papertrey (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: rhinestones



5 comments:

  1. Glad that you decided to not quit when you couldn't count...and have a happy birthday day...who's counting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you decided to not quit when you couldn't count...and have a happy birthday day...who's counting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the epitome of brilliant CAS design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I've counted correctly the 22nd is your birthday (same day as mine!) Have a wonderful day, loved both of these cards :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday, Cathy! Hope your day was wonderful, too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!