Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Using What I Have

Years ago...and I do mean years...I purchased a bunch of Fabriano Medioevalis cards and envelopes. These blank cards, made from beautiful, deckle-edge watercolor paper, feel too good to use.

How silly is that?

I have occasionally screwed up the courage to use a few of them and even messed up some of the cards (the horror!), leaving me with extra envelopes. Of course, using other supplies as part of my Use Your Stamps Challenge makes sense, and I'm happy to say I've now used up all my FM cards and envelopes.

The world, as far as I know, is still spinning.

Here are the results. Note that the cards are not standard A2 size; they are about 3.25" x 5.25".






The last card isn't Fabriano. It's Papertrey vintage cream cut o Fabriano size. The texture of the watercolor paper didn't work with the solid block stamps (Hero Arts) of the nativity scene (I ruined a card trying to make them work). This card and a bunch like it will go into one of the leftover envelopes from the cards.

The grand total made with these cards and envelopes was 15 cards...not too shabby!

What do you have lying around in your stash that you could use up?

Supplies
stamps: various Papertrey and Hero Arts
ink: various
paper: Fabriano Medioevalis, Papertrey Vintage Cream
accessories: none





8 comments:

  1. I continue to follow you SUSAN because I love the way you teach. I lurk a lot though and don't post often. These are gorgeous and I know the feeling.

    I am currently using up a stash of enamel like brad looking button thingees. They have beautiful Christmas scenes on them and most are at least one inch in various shapes. Maybe been around four years or so in y stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple yards of red-and-pink gingham ribbon that I bought by mistake a year ago. It was perfect for some Valentine-type "love" cards that I made a couple weeks ago for Operation Write Home. I was happy to find a good way to use all of it! Your Fabriano cards are beautiful ,and I'm glad you could use the leftover envelopes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for using those cards! They are beautiful. BTW, you can't really screw up a one layer card, it just becomes a 2 layer card! Or more. Point is, you can almost always glue something over top so as not to waste a nice card base. I don't throw much out. Even if it's really bad, I can usually manage to punch some shapes out of it so it's not a total waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS cards! Thanks for the reminder to use up items I have kept as 'too good' to use. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are simply beautiful. I have too many things i "can't part with" to list. In this season of giving, it's time to share some of my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo!! I too, have accrued things that I am "too worried" to use :(
    I feel compelled to "just do it", especially if I can produce results like yours!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Fabriano paper too and save it rather than using it. It worked wonderfully for your Christmas cards - the colors really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought some of these cards years ago too after seeing Julie Ebersole use them so brilliantly! I really like what you did with them! I'm on a mission to clean my room so I can use what I have too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!