Thursday, April 3, 2014

Jonah Update and Spectrum Birthday Card

Jonah is going through a rough time with the tail-end of chemo...a lot of pain and some gross-motor coordination problems. This means he is really going to appreciate the positive distraction of the birthday cards y'all are sending! Thought I'd share a bit of the batch I'm dropping at his house tomorrow.


The farthest card so far has come all the way from The Netherlands!

Prayers and well wishes for this little guy are very much appreciated, too.

And now for a super clean and simple birthday card that has color and bling. What more could a birthday card need?


This card uses a spectrum pad from Kaleidacolor that Leslie Hanna gave me...just LOVE those pads!!! The starbursts follow the spectrum across the card, which gives the card, despite its shockingly small number of elements, a very unified feeling.

The starbursts also make a triangle, with the focal point sentiment in the middle. Yay!

On an unrelated note, I am so grateful to have had breakfast this morning with another stamper from Ohio...Bobbi! It's so much fun connecting with locals who are as into stamping as I am. Check out Bobbi's blog and see her gorgeous, layered cards and all the goodness she's doing for Operation Write Home.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Birthday Bash Sentiments
ink: Kaleidacolor spectrum
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: corner rounder, rhinestones

6 comments:

  1. The Kaleidacolor stamping is full and vibrant. The sunbursts are a nice complement, particularly with the rhinestone centers. I have been trying to make a card for Ryan. Hopefully, I'll come up with one I don't have to throw away... I looked at Bobbi's blog and loved what I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your caring re Jonah. The world needs more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that I'm seeing so much Papertrey from you. A brilliant company holding its own among the big guys. (I should send YOU a Belated Birthday Card--just put Jonah's card in the mail this morning :o ) And by the way, how does a stamper get so lucky to live close to you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get such a perfect imprint using a spectrum pad? I tried and mine came out muddy because I couldn't tap the stamp in the exact same each time - does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!