Today's card took two attempts to get right. Let's start with the second, "good" version.
In my second stamping, everything looked reasonably good, so I added an abundance of bling in shades of green to coordinate with the green spectrum ink. Note how five groupings of bling form a rough line from the upper left to lower right, with two other bunches creating a zigzag effect across each fern. Movement in a design is important, and you want the eye to move through the design pleasingly. I hope I achieved that with all this bling.
Now, I'm going to show you the unblinged version that I didn't stamp properly. The branch on the top left smeared close to the edge of the card. Now, this wasn't a huge deal (I debated trashing it at this point but figured I keep going just to make sure the design worked), and the second branch stamped nicely. Hmm, maybe bling would distract enough from the slight smearing on the top left.
But then I didn't properly ink the sentiment so that the final "L" looks awful. You can click on the image to see this better. Since I had dorked up the first branch AND the focal-point sentiment, I knew this version was not bling-worthy. But I took a picture to show you that yes, indeed-ee, I screw up. Regularly.
I'll cut the front off the card, put the clean back in my scrap drawer, and pitch the front in the recycling. Lots of people might flip the stamped front over and use it, but I generally don't, as paper does have two sides!
Most of my layers, however, go on plain white bases with dimensionals, and I noticed long ago that colors on the back of popped panels reflect out onto the white base, often with unfortunate, ugly results. If you layer on colored card stock or use mats of colored card stock, this won't be a problem for you.
And there you have it. My AR/OC thought process for this card.
stamps: Hero Arts branch (discontinued wood-mounted rubber), Papertrey Signature Greetings
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: lots of rhinestones