Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throw-Back Thursday, Stamp Version

I keep seeing TBT on Facebook and wonder, "How do people have time to search for old photos to post every week on Thursday when I'm still trying to figure out how three inches of dust and dog fur accumulated under my living room chair?"

After I made today's card on a Sunday, I realized that I could post it on a Thursday for my own stamping version of TBT. This way, I can at least pretend to be a part of whatever hip trend is going on right now.


I am totally loving spring in Ohio. The white and purple tree blossoms are peaking, and pretty soon I'll look out my back windows and see nothing but green...green grass (already there), green bushes (started), green trees (not yet), topped by blue sky and sunshine.

I love my back yard.

Anyway, consider pulling out older stamps (these have copyright dates of 2000 and 2005) and make something with them and post whatever you make on Thursdays. Then you, too, will be right on trend.

Like me.

Yeah, right.

Now, does anyone want to help me with the sentient dust bunnies currently breeding under my chair? I think they would make excellent pets. They are very quiet.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: half pearls, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. They might like to join the ones hiding under our couch :)
    Nice card, I like the idea of using old stamps, we get so caught up in the latest sometimes we forget what we already have. If I had a blog I'd join in with a post but I will just settle with making a card to keep in the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that you don't read romance novels but one of my favourite authors is Jayne Castle because they feature sentient dust bunnies as pets. They are considered very loyal pets and good guard "dogs" and have lots of personality. The books give me a good laugh every time. Just think of how blessed you are to have so many loyal "pets"!

    Your card is gorgeous by the way. Love the blue with the blue pearls. I just pulled out SU's Words on Words today. It looks like I'm on trend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being hip and trendy is not all its cracked up to be (at least in my book!) I do enjoy seeing the old photos, have not managed to post any of my own yet! Maybe next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!