Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Go Big or Go Home

Have you ever picked up some embellishment at the store and thought, "Dang, this is too big to put on a card. It would never go through the mail"?

I think that all the time. And when I made scrapbooks, I thought, "This is too bulky for a scrapbook page. It will damage the facing page!"

Bulky embellishments are often lovely, but they aren't entirely practical.

Sometimes, however, you just have to go big or go home!


Eeep! I love these giant heart rhinestones! Look how bulky this thing is in the close-up:



But I used it anyway because it's going to my honey-bunny husband and needs no postage. Yay! I don't have to be practical all the time.

The circle is from Trendy Tree Tops by Papertrey. It demonstrates the principle of "angles love curves." The tension between the straight lines of plaid in a round shape and the curvy 3D heart works so well. Add to that the fabby font of the sentiment and a straight line of little hearts, and you've got lots of clean-and-simple style!

The color combination is one of my favorites. There's just so much energy and fun in aqua and red.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Trendy Tree Tops, Simon Says (row of hearts)
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: giant heart bling, corner rounder

3 comments:

  1. love those colors and the big old bling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Susan ~ bling and all. Perfect for your DH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gem is the perfect touch Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!