Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hydrangea Inspiration

Today's card owes its existence to a card by Heidi Van Laar that appeared in Paper Crafts Card Style 2010.

Card by Heidi Van Laar, Card Style 2010


Heidi used wood paper for a natural feel to this wonderful wedding card, and wow is it lovely! I decided to use her idea of tumbling hydrangea blossoms for a mother's day card because YES, I HAVE THIS EXACT PUNCH and ohmygosh it's fabulous. It's not often I stick so close to the original inspiration piece, but in this case, it wouldn't pay to mess with success.

My mom's favorite color is blue, so I chose my colors accordingly.


This will be mailed in a box with a gift, so no worries about those big pearls or the curled blossoms. I'm going to put it in a larger envelope so it's not totally flattened when she takes it out.

Thanks, Heidi! Your card from five years ago is still inspiring!!!!

(Note: Heidi's blog is closed, so I'm not sure she's still stamping. She does have a Pinterest page.  Does anyone know if she's still designing?)

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted
ink: Memento Luxe
paper: Papertrey white, some SU shade of blue, I think
accessories: half pearls, Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch, glue pen, butter knife to curl petals, corner rounder

4 comments:

  1. I've got those too! Love them in blue! Haven't used it in a bit - the last time was a lovely Moxie Fab inspiration of petit four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pretty! I just sold that punch. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I just created with that punch too, though not CAS 😉
    http://rieslingmama.blogspot.de/2015/04/calling-nest-basket-i-am.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cascading hydrangea petals. My Mom is a whiz with hydrangea bushes and has blooms the size of dinner plates. I think you've just inspired my Mom's Day card, because I have that punch also!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!