Thursday, August 25, 2016

Another Wreath Card for Halloween

FYI, I only make five Halloween cards per year. They go to my two boys, two nephews, and one niece. Only three this year are worthy of the blog (the other two are fine but not particularly creative), and tonight's card is the third I'm willing to share. Aren't you relieved.

Here's the card that's going to one of my sons this year.

Card Size: 6.25" x 3.5"

The tall, narrow profile of this card is perfect for offsetting the wreath. The sentiment and wreath placement creates both balance and movement for the eye, even without a visual triangle.



The wreath, from Papertrey's A Wreath for All Seasons, is stamped in Hero Arts Intense Black and Memento Tangelo. Then, I covered random spots with a dark orange Smooch, which adds some shimmer and depth to the berries on the wreath.

I love using non-Halloween stamps to make Halloween cards!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey A Wreath for All Seasons, Clearly Besotted Happy Days
ink: Hero Arts, Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Smooch

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving your Halloween cards. I always make Halloween cards because not too many people do - so the recipients are always surprised!!! Make a few more!!
    I'm a fan of your simple style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you've inspired me to dig out my Wreath for All Seasons setand play.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!