Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Aviator Penguin

Years ago, Memory Box asked for ideas for their penguin stamps. The penguins did all sorts of things; they were chefs and artists and cowboys and graduates and brides. I came up with the idea of a WWII-era aviator penguin...and Memory Box made it. 

It pairs nicely with Hero Arts From the Vault Travel Set. 


The card's a bit busy for me, but I do love this little guy! My grandfather was a pilot in WWII, and it makes me think of him. If you're at all interested, Papa features in the devotional I gave on July 3. He was a "special one who loved [me] into being," as Mr. Rogers put it.




Mercy, grace, peace, love, and kindness,
Susan

4 comments:

  1. Susan, this card is quite different from your usual card. I really like this little penguin. That's pretty neat that you were asked to submit an idea of the stamp. I love the background you made. I would call it collage. I'm not really good at that and I can't figure out why, but I'll keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aviator Penguin is one of my favorite stamps! I pair it with " The sky is the limit".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!