Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another Pinterest Card

Here's yet another of the cards I made inspired by Marta's Pinterest boards. I loved this kid's room, especially the colors, chairs, and carpet.


The striped table cloth was made with Papertrey's Faux Ribbon set, and the lamp is from Hero Arts. The sentiment comes from Papertrey's Paper Tray set. The colors are Memento inks.

And of course I blinged. Or blung. Did we decide which was correct? I'm all insecure since my matte/mat blunder.

Simplicity Tip: To align the lamps, which are wood-mounted rubber, I put a 6" quilt ruler across the top of the card and centered it so the number 3 was in the exact middle. Then I made a little mark where I wanted the central lamp base to go. Using a stamp postitioner, I stamped the central lamp. Then, it was easy enough to use the positioner to align the right and left lamps by eyeball. Of coures, I erased the pencil mark when I was done. Memento ink dries quickly...but don't rush the erasing. You'll get mad and say bad words when you ruin a finished card.

21 comments:

  1. I'm still voting for "blung." Forever.
    Love the colors on this card, and the way you used Faux Ribbon! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Love the colorful lamps in threes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's even prettier in real life!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - who would think something as mundane as a lamp could look so yummy

    Happy Friday everyone

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for "blung" as well. Far funn-er ;) I adore the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too funny....love the fun and bright colours...
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colors and freshness of this. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! How adorable is this card!! The colors are stunning!!!
    You should try the Stamp-a-majig, soooo much easier when trying to line up stamps! And you don't need to mark your paper with pencil LOL!!!! I love my stampamajig!!! It's such a life saver!!! :)

    Your cards inspire all the time!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute stamp and the colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color selection and that row of stripes is perfect for grounding it...although I would just ixnay the rubber stamp and go all clear - too much madness for me with rulers and such! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so bright, and cheery, and pretty! Your colors go so well together, I love the tablecloth, and the sentiment is perfect for any occasion. And I totally agree with using your stamp positioner. Nothing is more irritating that having made a beautiful card.....then finishing off with sentiment or stamp not perfectly placed; the mistake is all I see! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. I just love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me happy when I look at it...sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I owned some real lamps like those! The color on this is fabulous, Susan! I also love that kids room. I never would have thought of stringing banners across a bedroom room like they did. And the room reminded me of your cards, lots of white with just a pop of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had that stamp set! The bright colors and the images make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh that's so pretty, love the colours :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet! This makes me want to grab some Sherbet icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card. I like blinged and blung. Both are deserving of new word-ness, so I propose the following. I blinged the card represents adding one bling item or area to a card, but when blinging more than once you use the plural of blinging, blung. Kinda like blinging too.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a fun card! Love the colors!

    By the way..."blung" would be my choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so cute! I love those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!