Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Inspiration

This card was inspired by Marta's Pinterest board picture here. The yellow and white made me so happy!


I used a large background from Hero Arts, masking the bottom of the card. The sentiment is also from Hero's Sending Smiles clear set. Then I blinged it up just for fun.

My husband liked this card, but he thought it had bugs on it. Happy bugs. I don't see bugs, but at least he liked it.

-------------------

On a more serious note, I want to offer my prayers up for all affected by the earthquake off Japan. Between that and all the flooding and earthquake that affected New Zealand and Australia, it's been a bad time for that whole half of the world.  If any of you have specific prayer requests, please leave them in the comments.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: summer sun (SU)
paper: PTI white
accessories: stitched ribbon, rhinestones, scor-tape

21 comments:

  1. Love this happy card. The blings are lovely touches for this backgroud stamp. My thoughts and prayers are with the people in Japan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it! So cheerful and happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. So fresh and clean. Love the sentiment. Is the ribbon wrapped around the card stock or cut to fit the front of the card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just love your card and the cheerful yellow is just perfect considering the tragedy of the earthquake in Japan. I am so saddened by the recent event on Friday and those earlier this year as it has hit very close to home for us as a few family members were badly affected in the floods here in Brisbane. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean that the cheerful yellow is to help lift our spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! Will surely bring a smile to one who receives this! :)
    We have known so many friends who have been affected by natural calamities this year ... Oz land, NZ, Japan ... our prayers are always with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow and white always makes me happy too - makes me think of spring and sunshine and daffodils. A perfect thought for a grey rainy day like today. It's a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will surely make anyone smile with cheer! :) Such a fresh-looking and clean design! Gorgeous card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful -- simplicity at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a delightful card. I'm off to scour Marta's boards now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bugs, ha! Bugs or no, a very cheery card. The images from Japan are unbelievably devastating, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, the yellow is so spring like too, I feel a yellow card coming on lol :O)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I add a line of ribbon like this, it never looks quite right. Is there a trick? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your cards are just beautiful! I struggle with CAS and you are a master :) Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!