Wednesday, March 30, 2011

OLW47 Wishful Thinking

Today's card was inspired by the fact that it snowed here today. Really? Snow?

Sadly, yes.


Instead, I'm left longing for butterflies. Summer.

This week's OLW, hosted by Jennifer, is a sketch challenge, and what a challenge it is to keep it to one layer. I chose to go with a very old block stamp from Hero Arts (one of the first rubber stamps I ever bought!) and a butterfly from an alphabet set, also Hero Arts, that happens to coordinate. LOVE this shade of blue (Bahama from Memento). I jazzed the card up with little dots of Sakura Stardust pen in the middle of each butterfly, though I don't think it shows up well in the photo. It adds just the right amount of interest in real life!

This card isn't perfectly square because even with a stamp positioner I stamped it too far to the right and had to cut an eighth inch off the left side.

You wouldn't have known if I hadn't told you. But I did. Nobody's perfect.

So click on over to Jennifer's blog to play along with the OLW!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Memento Bahama
paper: white
accessories: Sakura Stardust pen in clear

18 comments:

  1. So beautiful and definitely brings summer mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry it snowed, but wow, what a great card!

    I'm gonna have to add that Memento colour to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those 2 stamps look like they were made together, just for your card.
    you are amazingly clever and creative!
    wouldn't this card be great in so many bright summer colors?!!
    thanks for the inspiration.
    marty ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - so bright and fresh!! Sorry you had snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very honest of you to 'fess up too! LOVELY card and such a pretty colour

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermosa. Perfecta en su imperfección.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did with your inspiration, I love small stamps and what you did with yours, and I'm SO VERY sorry it snowed. I think it plans to visit us tomorrow but meanwhile I WILL enjoy the sunshine of today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that blue . . . so bright and fresh! A lovely take - I'm a butterfly lady myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Susan, love it, it's just so happy :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card inspired by snow!! I love that color and all of the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your honesty in confessing to having to trim the edge of the card!!! We'd never have known. And I love the card. Spring will arrive soon - I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Susan! Love that butterfly block! And yes, I wish it was summer. Of course I wish we had gotten the snow even more... it's been an awful early start to fire season here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, very delicate.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this shade of blue and your bright cheery butterflies! We've had cold rain here for several days. I'm thankful it isn't snow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow? How ridiculous. :P I love how you did the positive/negative thing with this card. I'm sure if my brain was more awake, I could come up with a better term than "thing". :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hard to believe this was inspired by snow. I love the color you used. I stamped in a color this time, but I always struggle with stamping in color. I always reach for my black ink!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, I love the colour effects too:O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!