Tuesday, March 29, 2011

CC316 The Ocean Calls...

If you haven't seen the Winner posts, please click here and here to see if you won!

The color challenge at SCS this week is AWESOME! Marina mist, baja breeze, and certainly celery. Oh happy day!

Here's my card, which takes us under the sea with a sea turtle. I love sea turtles. And pearls. I love pearls.


Oh how I want to go to the beach. Living in a land-locked state stinks.

And yes, I used wavy decorative scissors to make my wavy edge. There's no school like the old school.

Happy Wednesday!

Supplies
stamps: Mark's Finest Papers Tropical Vacation (sentiment), Flourished Sea Creatures
ink: marina mist, certainly celery, baja breeze
paper: marina mist, white
accessories: deco scissors, dimensionals, pearls

9 comments:

  1. Your use of pearls with the grass is BRILLIANT!!! I love how this all pulled together.
    Regena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used scissors for the waves. I, however, have a very hard time lining up the scissors for a continuous cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pearls look like bubbles. Very effective indeed.

    cheers,
    Malyn at ThinkInkCreative

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the colors; the marina mist CS is gorgeous. And those wavy scissors are too perfect for this! Add those pearls, and you've got a real winner here. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just pure awesomeness. I love it...better yet, I have that set...and some old school scissors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!! "There's no school like old school", ha, you are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Just looking at it feels calming, like sitting by the seashore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Especially how you used the decorative scissors! Would you mind sharing how you get such a nice straight cut with your decorative scissors? I seem to make things slanted when I cut across a long way with any scissors, but especially decorative ones. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely card !simply love the colours !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!