Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Brief Note, Times Three

I made these cards before my unexpected vacation while trying to use up some pre-cut card bases...colored card bases, no less. The stamps are from A Muse. In fact, I bought this whole set because of the brief stamp. Too cute!








When using a darker color for a card base, I add a white panel on the inside. Of course, you can write on dark cardstock with a white gel pen, but I always find those diabolical white gel pens choose to start skipping in the middle of my note and make a blotchy mess. Hence, the white panel.

Supplies
stamps: A Muse
ink: Memento
paper: SU real red, brilliant blue, pumpkin pie, black; Mark's Finest Papers 110lb white
accessories: Bic and Sharpie markers, dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the bold colours, and the "brief" pun makes me smile. :-)
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cards and I'm going to check out A Muse. I love the fun of the image. I agree with the white panel for the inside of the card. Always enjoy your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Really cute. I have the same challenge with any white pen I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and yet so effectie! Terrific.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Thanks for sharing. I think we must use the same white gel pens. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and sweet, Susan. I love those briefs too -- I still have the wood version.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I played with these same two images last weekend, though it took me a full week to get a decent photo to post. ;/ Such fun stamps!

    PS: You do colored bases well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the white insert. I put them in ALL my cards. They just don't look/feel finished without them. That way, the recipient can tear them out, put in her own and recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teehee, I love these! Perfect in the bold colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, I can't beLIEVE you colored these gorgeous briefs with Bics & Sharpies! Man, you are GOOD! I've tried both those, and the end result is just not good. These look wonderful. For me, the best I've found are the Le Plume pens from Michael's. With the 40-50% coupons, they're entirely affordable, come in a billion colors, and are so easy to work with. And I will always love just plane old colored pencils; being able to erase is big for me! But I just love these bright cards with the great coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!