Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Postage Stamp Punch Meets Hero Arts Designer Alphabet

Today's card made me so very happy, but then, soft, beachy colors always make me happy. So does using a tool that has languished in my stash, in this case the postage stamp punch. Can't remember using it before, although my memory isn't what it used to be. Or perhaps I just have too many supplies to keep mental track of them all.

Whatever.


Design Discussion: This is a super way to spotlight small accent stamps that come with alphabets. The tiny sentiment is from an old, discontinued Hero Arts set. I arranged the colors very deliberately, giving the darkest color to the sentiment (those letters are pretty thin and needed the deeper color), and balancing the two blues diagonally and the two greens (well, baja is greenish blue) on the other diagonal. The butterfly is flying into the composition.

Jennifer has posted the OLW for this week, and it's awesome: Clouds! Click on over for the full scoop and to link up your creation!

Thursday afternoon, I will post my first batch of stuff for sale, including the SU paper stacks and some SU stamp sets. I've got some other stamps (lots of Hero Arts) to organize for sale as well.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: SU celery, marina mist, baja breeze, bashful blue
paper: SU celery, marina mist, baja breeze, bashful blue; white
accessories: postage stamp punch

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I so NEED this punch! Thanks for sharing--this is beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why this card would make you happy, it's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I have this postage die I got for free with my Cuttlebug a couple years ago and have never used it. Now I know how I can use it! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah!! So very cute, love the postage stamp look! Such a sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed a super card and beautiful colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I love this card. The soft colors go together beautifully. The small size of the postage stamp, and the inserts, add to the very delicate feel of the card. I think you should put that postage stamp punch in the pile for sale Thurs. afternoon --- and I'm calling it! Since that might not happen, who makes that postage stamp punch?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - and thanks for the inspiration. Also have a postage punch which has been buried for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that punch, too, and would love to know who makes it, I've been looking for one that's more rectangular, likes yours. I have the SU one, but it's square. And the one that Fiskars makes (which is rectangular) doesn't have enough notches. The card turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had a postage punch of my list, but I've never pulled the trigger. Your use of it might push me over the edge though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I mentioned that I love your work! Such a treat to see every day! This postage stampe card is 'specially great as I am a lover of blues (colors, not music) too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the postage stamp look and I love that you talked us through your design decisions too. Great decisions, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I came very close to getting the postage stamp punch, but then didn't, and now you show me how awesome it can be! Beautiful colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card to send to a friend! And I love how your postage reinforces your sentiment.

    For all of you wishing for the postage punch, Fiskars makes a decorative stamp scissor. Plus PTI has a postage die; here's the link: http://www.papertreyink.com/acc_pti_dies_diestomatch.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!